Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      exhaustedandfedup
      Participant

Sorry for the rant but I am just fed up of it all. I split with my ex nearly a year ago. He has moved on and moved in with a new woman but even though I am raising his kids single handed, working 2 jobs, bought my own place for my children to feel safe the constant threats and abuse continue. He had an argument with one of our children and as our child was upset he said he didn’t want to go to his dads. The argument was nothing to do with me and I wasn’t there but its still my fault. My eldest even told a lie to his dad the other day and when I asked why he said ‘because I am sick of dad having a go at you all the time’. He goes around telling people I am poisoning the kids against him but I haven’t said a word. He is now saying he has spoken to a solicitor and reckons he has a right to some of my belongings (which is a joke because he took all of my furniture). Everyone is telling me to fight back (not literally) but I just cant find the fight in me. I would literally do anything he wanted just for him to leave me alone for a bit. Tired

KIP.
      Participant

In my experience they never move on and will always abuse and try to control and cause as much harm as they can. They thrive on drama and your distress. My advice is to go zero direct contact with him. If you can use a third party for all communication and handovers that would be the best way forward. At the very least tell him to only contact you by email and only to do with the children. Block his number on your phone and tell him not to come to your home. His behaviour is not only affecting you but that of your child. Children learn from the behaviour of their parents. My ex would lie to our son and use our son. You just need to stay firm in your refusal to be abused further. I used to say to my son it’s not fair your father involves you as it’s between him and I. Abusers are liars so don’t believe a word he says. Only deal with his nonsense if and when it presents itself in reality. It’s your life and you have every right to choose who you allow in it. Take back the power and give yourself some peace x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content