Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      cassandra05
      Participant

I know I am early and whilst I maybe alone this NYE; most in the past 10 years have just been plain miserable, been alone tonight is so much better than been with him.

A huge cuddle to all and a Happy New Year lets hope 2020 brings us peace, calm, kindness, respect, dignity and love. We deserve it X

HunkyDory
      Participant

Happy New year to you too hun, hope it brings you happiness and peace and all good things. I’m feeling a bit low and fighting feelings of missing him but even when he was here I was alone so… onwards and upwards for all of us 💪💕xx

Aquawoman
      Participant

Happy new year, enjoy the peace. Mines is blaring music downstairs and refuses to turn it down even for the sake of the children. But, there sleeping and I’m not going to give him the satisfaction of reacting to it which is all he wants.💪

Littlepixie
      Participant

Husband downstairs, son in his room on PS4, daughter in her room on her iPad & I’ve been in my bedroom since 7pm. Hate this life. This isn’t what family is supposed to be. Just want to get to sleep & wake up out of this nightmare. We haven’t spoke properly in (detail removed by moderator) days over an argument where I finally told him a few home truths but of course it was all twisted back onto me. I can’t leave him because he says our son will stay with him & I’ve nowhere to go anyway. Sorry for hijacking this thread & going on. Happy new year xx

maddog
      Participant

Happy New Year. How I hate (detail removed by moderator).

Novelidea
        Participant

Happy New Year. I’ve been in my guest bedroom since we we got back from church at (detail removed by moderator)am. It’s now after (detail removed by moderator)pm. I only came out when he left the house to smoke to get a coffee, food and use the toilet.

I know he’s going to use the new year to ask for another chance. He pulled the Pastor aside yesterday obviously telling him, I threatened divorce again. I can’t keeping making threats and not following through, that’s what he does. I need my happy, peaceful life back.

cassandra05
      Participant

(detail removed by moderator) maddog, no mater how much you hate it, I will wish you a good one and a Happy New Year x

Littlepixie
        Participant

(detail removed by moderator) xx

Daisydo
      Participant

Littlepixie, me too! Eldest gone to a party, son in bedroom on ps4, other daughter on her phone in bedroom & youngest in bed with me. He is downstairs, alone watching tv. We’ve not shared a bedroom for (detail removed by moderator) months and that’s fine with me. Just wish he would leave!! Been a rubbish year, roll on 2020, I will not be in this predicament next year, I promise myself. Happy New Year all, take care DD xx

ssid
      Participant

Happy New Year all from here too. Its so sad and maybe a new start for many too?

(Detail removed by moderator) maddog take them from us to keep even if your situation there is bad.

I can’t get warm no matter how many layers of socks I wear, I hate whats left of my life. He would be so happy about that.

Littlepixie
        Participant

Daisydo my daughter loves Craig David so after crying I thought F it I’m not going to let him ruin my NYE. Got my daughter to put on bbc in her tv and sat with a wee beer in her room. My husband usually works away from home and comes home weekends but he’s working at home. He’s been sleeping on our sofa for a week apart from Christmas Eve. Now watching jools Holland on catch up. I went downstairs and didn’t even say happy new year. He’s barely spoke to our daughter in days, she’s (detail removed by moderator) and sees what her dad is like but he wished her hny. He called her a liar & puts her down constantly. She’s a brilliant kid. Says if we separate my son will stay with him. I can’t break up my kids x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Happy new year to everyone. Felt a bit strange being by myself. I took the first steps towards healing last year. Now I need to get the confidence to ask what’s next?

Good luck to everyone. We are all worth it, no matter how bad we feel about ourselves.

Lavenderrose
      Participant

Happy new year, onwards and upwards for us 💗 I did shed a little tear. It’s emotional. End of an era but happy to start a new one all the same x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Happy New Year 2020 everyone! 💕

Here’s to a safe happier one. And here’s a song to boost our confidence, it’s upbeat with great vocals; ‘Little Green Bag’ from Reservoir Dogs 🎶

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content