Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

So yday i found out my partner is going to be working from home for next few months which terrifies me. Then today i have travel to see my family. My father abused me alot as a child/teen and he will be there. This is the last thing i need right now. Seeing my father triggers me off so badly with ptsd symptoms. Usually when id come back from family i would get alone time to try recover while my partner is away at work but not this time. I fear im just going to be really stressed and triggered fully for months now. Its not going to be pleasant. I cant call anyone while he is home because he wants to listen in to every word i say. I cant cope. I want to see my family again but i wish my father wouldnt be there too but i cant stop him being there. My mother is still married to the creep.

fizzylem
      Participant

Rock and a hard place for sure ALL; you will need to get out of the house as much as you can, in the fresh air but with social distancing. Any hobbies you can get into at home? To help keep your mind in a therapeutic space? x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content