Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

I was reffered to a coommuinty domestic violence worker. She can support and advise and help me make plans. I really want to be open and honest about my situation but i fear confidentiality being broken/dash forms and maracc refferals. It went to maracc e years ago i worry if it went again they would force me away from my partner.

Its difficult because im not ready to leave my partner yet i want there support. But most there help comes in plans of leaving or making things saf.

I dont know what i can and cant say without it ending up in maracc meetings again.
      Im very suicidal atm and they know that and i worry it pushes they into wanting to protect me when i need to do it my own way and under my control.

Eggshells
      Participant

I don’t really know what to say but didn’t want to leave your post unanswered. Can you tell them what yo just told us?

Alittlelost
      Participant

I told them i was worried and she just said she couldnt make me do or say anything i didnt want to and explained why they would do a risk assessment. To me i didnt feel reansured i could talk to her without it leading to things being reported and it going places. I just want be able to talk openly and not be consquences i just want emotional support.

KIP.
      Participant

Just explain that to her. That at the moment you just need emotional support to work through things at your own pace. It’s good to have her as a safety net for you should things escalate. Abusers like to isolate us so the more outside contact the better for your overall well being. Just to know there is someone who has your back is a good feeling x

Alittlelost
      Participant

It doesnt feel good to me. Knowing its already been at marac once makes me nervous. If it went back again they likely wouldnt listen to what i want this time. I wont discharge myself from her yet but im kerping my distance i think.

Eggshells
      Participant

Do you have an outreach worker either from Refuge or Women’s Aid? They might be able to help in the way you would like. If not, it might be time to get in touch.

Alittlelost
      Participant

This worker is part of a organsiation who are linkedwith womans aid but in my local area. I feel more able to talk openly on this forum/site in the past then i do to real workers cos they have more of a likely hood or duty to report it. But writing on here isnt same as working with a proffessionals support. Its hard for me to know what to do.

Eggshells
      Participant

If you talk to her clarify first what she will do with what you tell her. You don’t have to say anything until you’re ready.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content