Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I found a note left by him, just two words to say something nice about something I do, a visible result of my efforts and talent.
      And I thought…why are you even being nice? He is sensing I am becoming fully independent, I even told him recently that there was nothing he could do to control me, or interfere nor “participate”.
      Still I hide behind my life at home, working from home, being with my kids, enjoying the days while he is at work. I cannot make that decision yet to leave. I enjoy my life and work, my home and garden, my family as a major bonus. It makes me stay, so long as I am quiet, nothing happens. I have barely any contact with him…
      I hope the counselling sessions will start soon. They may help me see things with open eyes, but I am so resilient, so strong in character.
      I preserve my bubble of happiness in the meantime, doing as if he wasn’t there…

Yesterday I saw my friend and I told her how I handled the criticism of my parenting by him. She sighed such a deep sigh wishing I was with the right man only to appreciate what a good person she thinks I am. We are looking at houses for sale in the area…just in case I decide…
      I live a life in my head, I act. I waste my time maybe.

The next child protection plan meeting is coming. I will not say a word. These people have got it all wrong. My son loves me. He smiles now, he is getting better, all since I came back. He keeps asking about my day…

I am reading the book on controlling people and the Teddy theory…bingo! That’s him!
      I remember more and more situations, stories about his parents, what he did and said, things I experienced, weird comments and behaviours. It just goes on and on in my head, then sometimes I start feeling scared. I wonder what will happen if I stay.
      I can’t wait for counselling, I think they will crack that hard nut that holds all my feelings in place and let me cry the tears I should have cried.
      Who knows…the whole situation is so surreal.
      And I am visiting the refuge friends I made soon 😊

godschild
      Participant

The book on controlling people is very enlightening, I often say to myself when mine is behaving bizarre now Teddy would not have done that would she ! xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content