Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I’ve decided to come off social media. All I’ve been doing lately is ranting about everything from work to men to politics. I’m going away for the weekend with my son and lots of friends. I know it’ll be good but I feel the need to come on here. Don’t know what I’d do without this forum sometimes.

Leaving in just over an hour. Why am I in a state of panic? Feel very on edge, jumpy. I know I’ll be fine. Saw the husband last night as well. Totally ignored him. Now since I’ve come off FB I’m getting loads of messages asking where I am, what’s going on. Grrrrr. I know they care and are just concerned but just grrrrr.

backtome
      Participant

Could you log on and just put a quick status up saying you’re taking some time out of social media? or message a few people back and they can filter the message out to others?

No wonder you’re feeling edgy if you saw your ex last night. Hopefully once you get there you’ll relax a little. Concentrate on having fun with you son and friends . Hope the panicky feeling passes soon for you.

x

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hey. That’s actually a very good idea. So simple too 😃

Thanks for putting it into perspective. My head’s banging right now. Gonna take a paracetamol and have a cup of tea then off we go x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Enjoy your time with your son. This is precious time. Its a good opportunity for you both to enjoy each others’ company without the pressures of work, school and life. Have fun.

Dragonfly
      Participant

I’m in my bed. It’s Saturday well Sunday now at 12.15am. we’re in a big house. (detail removed by Moderator) of us including kids. It’s really good but I’m done in. Been hill walking today, been on a boat, had the most brilliant dinner and a party so all is good 😃

backtome
      Participant

Aw sounds like you’ve had a lovely day! So glad to read that, it sounds fab x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content