Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keshasaidit
      Participant

My ex was constantly on calls with our kids. He had my young son on video chat encouraging him to walk around the house while he, loudly, talked about all the fun things they would do if I would let him!!?? Telling him how he was his best friend and missed him so much, mind games on a child??!! I was running around my own home hiding from him many weeks after my non-mokesttion order. My anxiety was through the roof!! After chatting on here I blocked all contact, specifically after he told our teenage daughter I’d had him arrested for no reason, even though she was here I knows this is not true. I could see his manipulation move on to her and knew I had to protect her. I forced him to comply with my request for regulated call times. I took back control, the past few days have been tough as I could sense is rage from afar, I stayed strong and won another small battle. Feels amazing.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Yes well done Keshasaidit!!a true victory for you!! Keep standing your grounds. He has absolute no saying anymore inside your home. You/courts set the rules!he has to follow them.
      Yes absolutely mind games but not on only on your child, he’s basically collateral damages, he uses him as a way to convey messages to you. You have the power to stop this. Tell your child to sit down and have his conv with his father in one spot, walking around the house isn’t an option. This action hits two things at once. You show you won’t be manipulated in your own house by your ex and you teach your son that no-one tells you what to do inside your own home!
      You go girl, keep at it, great doing 💪👍

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content