Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wheresmysparklegone
      Participant

It started first thing with being told off (not for the first time) for liking a post on social media he didn’t agree with. This led to him taking (detail removed by Moderator) and pinching my phone so I couldn’t leave. The anger was unbelievable. This is not right is it?. He still manages to change it to my fault and I feel guilty!!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Wheresmysparklegone

I just wanted to show you some support. You haven’t done anything wrong by liking a post on social media, but your partner sounds very controlling and the fact that he got so angry is really concerning. Please try and trust your gut feeling which is telling you this is not right.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here:
      https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Take care and please keep posting

Lisa

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi @wheresmysparklegone . As Lisa said, you have every right to like or dislike anything. Your points of view may not always be the same as eachothere and you may have to agree to differ. That’s life. We love and respect one another for who they are and accept that, as individuals, we will see things differently.

He has absolutely no right what-so-ever to take your property away from you. This is not your fault and you have no reason to feel guilty. You have done nothing wrong. xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content