Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Littlepixie
      Participant

I had a call from social services about the police being at my house the other week (I didn’t call them, think it was my neighbour).
      She said she was just checking everything was ok & said she had a police statement and basically told me what my “husband” said to the police. I was livid & told her that it was incorrect & even if it was true he’s basically trying to put all the blame back on my daughter.

This happened (detail removed by Moderator) weeks ago and I have never heard anything back from the police. Is it too late to call them with a statement? I feel that they won’t believe whatever I say now because so many weeks have now passed? I knew he would manipulate them like he does with everyone. I spoke to a friend who is in the police and she said I could get him prosecuted & I could make a complaint that they didn’t contact me. I don’t want to prosecute him because of my son. I just don’t know what to do for the best.

Allornothing
      Participant

Hi Littlepixie,

I would definitely suggest you give them a call, you could call 101 and get them to advise how you look into this further and hopefully they can put you in touch with the relevant team. xx

SunshineLife
      Participant

Yes – call 101 – consider prosceution too – I didn’t and I regret it. I did a ‘pocket book’ statement..
      Let us know what happens.. YOu need to put your side across…

Well done
      xxxx

Littlepixie
      Participant

Thank you for your replies.
      I’m hesitant to prosecute him.
      I don’t want to get his back up more than what it will be when I eventually leave.
      I just don’t know what to say weeks later & will they take me seriously.

Marmalade
      Participant

Hi,
      Just to say that if you do give a statement, you cannot guarantee what the police will do. They have the ability to pursue a prosecution, even if you don’t agree, if they think they have enough evidence. So consider very carefully what you want to happen, before you make a decision.
      You can make a statement at any time. Whether the police listen to you really depends on your local force and the amount of DA training. Some ladies on this forum have very positive experiences, others (me included) had an awful time.
      Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content