Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshineandrain
      Participant

Hi I had to share this in case anyone else is feeling or has felt the same. I have been away from abuse for nearly (detail removed by Moderator) months amd have been on the rollercoaster ride that Im sure we all know. Recently I have been feeling confused as I just went on a date with a new guy. Everything was great and he is very respectful. The problem is I feel really paranoid about it all and I font know why?! Everyone will say its too soon and I am too vulnerable to be getting involved. Why do I feel so attached already though and paranoid I am going to mess it all up?! I know I just need to take some time for myself but cant stop the thoughts. Help!!

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

I think it is too soon myself , with all that’s going on I think it is too soon u r vulnerable even though u don’t know it’s, I was same , it has taken me over (detail removed by Moderator) years to heal and even now I’m on guard for red flags . Focus on settling and healing first

Relieved
      Participant

Hi Sunshine, I know how you are feeling. I’ve yet to go on a date but have just been told that a guy I quite like likes me too and I feel really panicky about it. What if I mess up, what if he comes on too strong, what if I fall for him then he dumps me but I also feel I am not getting any younger and what if he makes me happy! I hope that I will be going in with my eyes wide open and that I will just try to get to know him better as a friend first.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content