Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Cornflake
      Participant

He’s a selfish p*g, totally selfish, he’s miserable so he’ll make sure everyone else is – there are no boundaries for him, he’s beyond vile. Says things about caring for others then in the next breadth he’s totally the victim and it’s all about him. What damage this person has caused. I totally walk on eggshells nearly all of the time, my favourite time of day is bedtime because this is the hours when I don’t have to look at or listen to him, sleep is my saviour. Sorry I know there’s little point to what I have said but it makes me feel a tiny bit better to vent. I have been in touch with my local DA agency and met with a support worker, this felt empowering, if only for a little while as he has no idea that I have started reaching out and telling people my truth. Thanks for listening, warmest wishes to you all. X

Anonymous
      Inactive

You deserve better than how this man is treating you @Cornflake. Well done for reaching out to your local DA agency, that is a huge first step. And for posting on here about how your feeling – these men isolate us, for whatever reasons, and it’s only when we start speaking up and learning how wrong their behaviour was, that we begin to become empowered again. I hope the DA agency have been able to give you some good advice on what steps you can take X

Better-days
      Participant

Hi cornflake I could have written this post word for word so relatable. My partner is a bully but always plays the victim and I too love bedtime. I’m also just starting to take baby steps reaching out. I have no advice but the fact that you are reaching out is very brave I hope u are ok xx

Cornflake
      Participant

Thank you for your replies, this site give so many of us a safe place to talk with people who really understand. Reaching out is a positive step and we live to fight another day. Hope you all have a peaceful day. X

Bananaboat
      Participant

Bedtime was my favourite too. I came to hate weekends, hated certain days of the week, started to hate coming home from work. I’d get this cold feeling at certain points in my drive, still experience them now. I’d be happy when he said he was sleeping downstairs as it meant a small bit of space, even though I knew he’d be drinking/cheating/whatever. I know it’s hell on earth right now but this is the fog lifting, seeing how things truly are and how they shouldn’t be. Well done for reaching out xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content