Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi,

Been out for a while, lost my children and grandchildren. But I learnt to live with it.

But last week my daughter contacted me because my grand daughter needed information on my parents. Which I gave willingly but now nothing and I’m broken.

In my head I thought her partner was intercepting my letters, but I know now that she did get them.

I can’t stop crying, I just don’t know what to do anymore.

FS

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, I’m estranged from my son so I know how hard it is for you. Please try to let it go. You can’t be responsible for her behaviour. You did the right thing by providing the information she asked for and you don’t know what kind of pressures are still on her from your ex. She didn’t have to ask you and I think you might find she was testing the water and may well be in touch in the future now she knows there will be a warm welcome. Just carry on with what you’re doing. I stopped sending birthday and Xmas cards to my son because I never got anything back. Not even a thank you. Not a card. No Mother’s Day, birthday or Xmas and I really became fed up with what I felt was unacceptable. There’s is only so much we can take, even if it is from our own child. We just muddle through however we can. I also wonder if her contact is triggering you, bringing up old feelings. Just wanted to say you’re not alone in the sting in the tail from abuse. Hang in there. 🤗 sending you a hug x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thanks Kip,

This is the only place that I know I’m not alone and understood. Like you I have stop communication but gave my children away to contact me.

Thank you for the hug its is needed today.

FS xx

diymum@1
      Participant

I just wanted to say I’m the same estranged from my daughter. I know it’s all down to him warping her and twisting everything thing so I know it’s not what she really wants her mum. This is the same for you and hopefully in time they will see sense xx it hurts and I’m with you on that xx sending you strength and hugs 🤗 xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thanks DM. I thought I had got stronger over this part of my life but I’m not. In fact it’s hurting me more than ever. Or maybe I was numb before and now my true feelings are being felt. FSx

diymum@1
      Participant

I feel the same this morning some days it’s like you’ve swallowed a stone and it’s sitting in my stomach xx guilt and feeling a deep loss. Some days I’m fine and others I’m not. I suppose all we can do is ride it through cry let it out. I don’t think it’s ever something we can accept and we get scared to hold on to hope that that all will be restored. Who knows but I always feel in the face of adversity we have to try to live our lives the best we can. I try to be busy and read about this subject it helps to reiterate this wasn’t our doing. Abusive men divide families and that is rife xx 😘

lover of no contact
      Participant

Yes, abusers tear families apart

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you both xx

So true, they abuse to the end. (flash backs are here again, but I’ve got over it before so I will again)

FSxx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content