Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      resilient
      Participant

hi everyone,

i am still settling in to where i work. overall, it has been a rewarding experience. to begin with, there were signs (like badmouthing) which made me feel uncomfortable. being new i felt i was in no position to make a comment. i decided, for my well-being, to limit how much time i spend in their company to the minimum. i do not agree with their treatment of others. i did not want to be in an abusive situation again. to be vulnerable. i wanted to trust these people and i struggle with accepting the bad in others. it was not long until i became a target. they set things up, which make me look bad. they talk negatively about me. they make snide remarks when i have to be in their company. i question whether it is me looking into things too much and I know it is not. i love what i do, it is something i am passionate about and i am proud of what i achieved. this situation continues to show me how resilient i am but i do not want to be in it forever? how can it be? it angers me.

anyone dealt with a similar situation or have words of wisdom?

thank you. Kind regards *

resilient
      Participant

How can it be acceptable*

diymum@1
      Participant

some institutions are rife for bully antics – where i work the people tend to pick on what each others flaws. im criticised for being over compensatory with the folk i deal with. i have a job too that i do from the heart that i feel compassion for too so i dont care if they think this. i know what you mean tho when someone leaves the room they sometimes make faces etc. i think because we know so much about manipulation tactics it stands out more to us. i reported someone who i found to be very rude he was slamming things down when it was just me and him. i found out later he partially deaf and actually a really nice guy xx i was wrong in this instance. what i cant handle is someone puttong me down infront of other people – its like a red rag to a bull xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content