Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Trapped.
      Participant

Hiya lovely ladies.

Anyone had any experiences on transfers etc?

Thanks

KIP.
      Participant

Not sure what you mean by transfers? Transferring jobs?

Trapped.
      Participant

Transfer refuge. Sorry lol. I thought I put it in the refuge category lol xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there. Sorry I always just press topics and you get the latest posts. I can’t be of much help but I’m sure the helpline on here will be able to help you. I can’t see them objecting if they have the space. There might be a wait so let them know asap x

Trapped.
      Participant

Thanks hun x

StrengthfromAbove
      Participant

Hi Trapped, you can request for a transfer from your support worker at the refuge. I’ve just recently did a transfer because the refuge area where I was, I felt I will not have no support since I did not have any family or friends there. In the end I ended up going online & called the DV support in the area where I wanted to move & explained to them that I would like to move to their care because I will have more support there & I passed in their deatails to the refuge support workers where I was before & as luck was in my side. One of their houses was going to be free in two weeks time. Nice part it’s a house, just me & the kids.

The former refuge workers tried to help but in the end, I found myself this refuge by going online & doing some bit of google work. I hope you get all the help & everything get sorted out xx

Raincloud
      Participant

Hi all,

Sorry to hijack this post, does anyone have any knowledge on transferring house? My ex partner knows where we live and I am really keen to move elsewhere so he isn’t aware of our location.

I am constantly calling the police and living in fear 24/7.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks xx

TickTock
      Participant

Hi my experience of hostel life was pretty grim. They walked in whenever they wanted. The social worker and midwife took my baby. So I know how you feel when you’re feeling like no one is listening or respecting you. Keep trying. You could contact other hostels directly. I’m going to make a cup of tea now. Thanks. J

Lemonade
      Participant

I also want to transfer I don’t like where I live I feel suffocated here?

Please tell me how you did it.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content