Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ultimatelyStrong
      Participant

Does anyone know if it’s possible to transfer your public funding certificate to a different solicitor? I’m not at all happy with mine they are rushing through my case, filing documents late, missing crucial points making, missing evidence simply because they aren’t reading things thoroughly. I’ve googled but can only find information on transferring criminal legal aid.

ultimatelyStrong
      Participant

It’s ok I found a blog post. It’s a nightmare, takes months and requires you to file an official complaint about the solicitors office. So I’m stuck. Oh well.

diymum@1
      Participant

i transferred my legal aid – just went to anew one they transferred it really quickly to be honest – for a civil case same circumstances the lawyer was really flakey xx

ultimatelyStrong
        Participant

Oh thank you! Well I might be making some calls then. If only there were more legal aid firms in my area 😭

diymum@1
      Participant

thats the thing but there should be xx don’t go with a lawyer that dosent get DV as its near on impossible trying to instruct them! xx

KIP.
      Participant

Have a look on the Law Society website. They should list solicitors by area and the ones who do legal aid. I had to change solicitors. The first one nearly killed me and another one sent my ex my new phone number and email address. Even though there was a restraining order in place. Don’t take any nonsense from a solicitor. You’re in charge. You instruct them x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content