Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Indiamalachite
      Participant

Hey all

I havent been on here for ages, as life has been a lot better tbh and I have felt a lot better since having EMDR. But I am coming up to an anniversary of a very serious assault and am freaking out. I have noticed things like those reminder posts that come up on facebook of a couple years ago are reminding me of the time period, and just generally I am noticing more triggering things – then one thought leads to another and I am back thinking about it. I think taking a break from FB might help but wondered if people have any other tips.

I am starting a new job in the next couple weeks and am worried about losing my s**t at work – maybe I should book the day off on that day. EEEk I can tell writing this I am losing my s**t already haha. Any advice from my fellow strong survivor sisters and siblings appreaciated. Thank you x*x

Hello there,
      so sorry to hear this. Just speaking from my gut…taking day off sounds like something good.
      How about consciously celebrating something on that day from your new life? Doing something you have always wanted to do. along the lines of creating new memories?
      all best
      ftc
      x

Indiamalachite
      Participant

FTC thats an awesome idea and I would never have thought of it!!! Thank you <3

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content