Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wanttoleave
      Participant

Hi does anyone have any advice on breaking trauma bond.
      For instance I know what my partner does to me is wrong but I still love them so much.

In fact sometimes at it’s worst I just want to cuddle up afterwards to make it all ok again.
      I guess it’s my way of feeling safer.But why do I still love him
      🙁

I don’t engage in arguments let him do whatever he wants to keep safe.

But this isn’t good for my mind is it?
      Anyone else live like this?
      I feel like a mouse I never used to be this person.

I was a lioness. I’m just hiding her for a while…

tiredanddrained
      Participant

I feel the same. I will be watching closely for any replies also for advice. I feel so stuck. No matter how many times i end it i forgive him n believe the sorry he won’t shout or verbally abuse me again but he does. It is his good side i always feel sorry for but the bad side will never go away. The best laugh is he threatens to go with other women when i end it through him letting me down and being abusive. Yet at the same time tells me if i move on he will stab the guy. N i actually don’t move on for fear of hurting his feelings. It’s absurd. I’m even sick of myself. How can i not just realise it’s never going to get any better.
      I’m so sorry you feel like this too. It’s the worst. Stay strong as believe me you are not weak to have went through this. You are very strong. Sending hugs xx

Wanttoleave
      Participant

Oh tired and drained I’m so sorry to hear that, have you looked into refuges?
      I would but I can leave my pet.

Sounds like you may need to go no contact if you leave.
      I have done the freedom program that helps. Sending you strength like you said we are stronger than we think !

Wanttoleave
      Participant

Oh tired and drained I’m so sorry to hear that, have you looked into refuges?
      I would but I can leave my pet.

Sounds like you may need to go no contact if you leave.
      I have done the freedom program that helps. Sending you strength like you said we are stronger than we think !

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content