Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Hi all,

I’ve been gone for a few days doing something just for me. You see, before the last assault on me I had bought and planned something for us. Everything scheduled and paid for in my name. It took lots of planning and ended up costing me quite a bit, but I went without him. And the world didn’t end.

The nights before I did have nightmares of him somehow having managed to be there, breaking his restraining order and finally finishing me off. If he did show, he kept himself hidden, but I don’t think he did.

I wouldn’t say I enjoyed going without him, but I didn’t not-enjoy it either. I even smiled and laughed on occasion. And there were moments when something would happen where he and I would normally put our heads together and have a personal little commentary between us where I got teary-eyed, but the tears didn’t fall.

I made a memory without him.

KIP.
      Participant

That’s what you need to do now. Make new good memories. The fear of him coming back to finish me off really held back my recovery but I think it was a phase that just needed to play out. One day recently, a switch just went off and I wasn’t scared of that anymore. I think it was a combination of time, therapy and self confidence returning. Keep going x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content