Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Broadbodiedchaser
      Participant

Hi, I feel so angry. Several times now I’ve arranged with my daughter to have her stay with me and then she announces that her father is treating her instead that weekend. This means I continually have to rearrange my plans and waste food Ive bought in. I thought it was me being moaning initially but it’s happening often and I feel lonely as I don’t often get time with them. They are both in their late teens now but I’d still like to see them. Is this manipulative?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Broadbodiedchaser,

I’m sorry to hear that your ex is obstructing the time you’ve planned to spend with your daughter, it sounds like this could be a way to alienate you from the children and interfere with your plans. It’s understandable that you’re feeling angry about this.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Broadbodiedchaser
      Participant

Surprise, surprise, this year I was having the children with me (detail removed by Moderator). I bought a load of food in, a game to play in the evening. Two hours after the children arrive they annpunce that their Dad is picking them up in the evening. Plans are ruined again… he still controls everything. Oh, and my Son’s plans to spend (detail removed by Moderator) with me have got cancelled because… his Dad is taking him clothes shopping! I’ve been visiting my Mum (detail removed by Moderator) as she’s been poorly, but he decided not to take him then. He still gets to decide!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content