Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      teatime
      Participant

I am being made redundant and losing my Home. The people I work for are a charity. I feel like they are dehumanising me and do not care about me.
      It is a charity which is thought to be run by kind caring people.
      One was a friend of mine, but I realise now she was always trying to find out my plans to leave so she could tell the group. She was likely asked to do this.
      I feel sick and cold and frightened.
      I have a friend so I have some support. But it is triggering feelings of rejection and people not seeming what they are.
      And the world news is so terrifying…. I feel so scared.

teatime
      Participant

PS I have been asked to go on a PTSD course with these people and I do not want to go.The lady running it is lovely…. but I just cannot.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi teatime, I just wanted to say I’m sorry to hear about what you are going through, it sounds very difficult. I know the feeling that you feel like you can’t trust anyone. That’s good you have one trustworthy friend, you can go from there and slowly build up a healthy network, plus posting on here and phoning the helplines. Is there any practical support you can access about redudancy and your home? That sounds like a very difficult situation to be in so I can imagine you are not feeling too good right now but you have the strength to get through it like we all find in us when we need it.

As for the PTSD course could you find one that is away from these people if you feel they are toxic and unhelpful to your recovery? I find it’s best to avoid people that I feel are untrustworthy or if I get a bad vibe from them and focus on maintaining positive healthy relationships instead.

Also, I don’t watch the news anymore as it always made me really upset and depressed. I definitely recommend a news diet or even a news blackout, instead focus on self care and reading only helpful things like good fiction books or books on recovery and healing, listening to calming music, meditation, yoga etc to balance out your mood so you feel less anxious.

teatime
      Participant

Thank you that all makes sense.
      I do feel that although we are going to find it hard financially once I get away from these horrible people I will properly heal for once and for all.
      They make things worse by being so creepy.
      I really look forward to this time but am scared too

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content