Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Strongenough
      Participant

I wonder if I will ever get back to feeling safe and secure. I’m struggling with anxiety and easily get triggered by any disturbance that I witness. I jump at the slightest noise and have regular flashbacks and unwanted thoughts about my past experiences in an abusive relationship. Eventhougn I have been out for a long while I’m living in constant fear and looking over my shoulder always.

I know that this is probably just a bad phase in my recovery but it’s awful to live like this. There are times since I got out that I have felt better and I think I’m getting over it, but then it a just seems to resurface again.

I read a post on here that recovery is likes storms and the waves of the sea, with calm waters at intervals. This really sums it up. I hope this storm quickly passes and I can feel somewhat relaxed again.

Iwillbefree
      Participant

Hi,

I so get where you are coming from. I too suffer the same. It really is awful. And just so annoying that they can still affect us.

I can’t give you a solution. Sorry. As I’m still looking for one myself! But just stay strong. You have had better days so you know you can and will have these good days.
      I think just go with the storm, ride the waves and bit by bit you will get strong and remember how it is to live before all this happened to you.

Sending you hugs. Take time for your self care. It does help. Good luck with your journey xx

Strongenough
      Participant

Thanks Iwillbefree, hopefully today will be a better day. I have been working hard on trying to take better care of myself. Thanks again for your reply, it’s very comforting to know there are other strong women out there fighting this storm along with me.

Take care of yourself ❤️

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content