Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      resilient
      Participant

something that has always been on the back of my mind is whether people i tell about my experience believe me. it was something i did not talk about when it happened and I still do not like to. burying my head in the sand seems better than dealing with the emotions that come with not being believed. coming forward and speaking about it, the thought, frightens me so much. maybe after all this time, i am still in denial. our childs voice won’t be heard yet and i am putting pressure on myself to make sure it is. i am making progress, it has been slow. i have spoken about it and continue to but i am tired of repeating it. again and again. to be able to move on from what happened.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi resilient

I just wanted to show you some support and to let you know that you are believed.

You have been so brave in coming forward and sharing your story. You have done everything you can for your child so please don’t be too hard on yourself. You deserve to be happy.

If you haven’t already, you can always call the 24hr helpline for support and you will always be believed.

Take care and please keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Lisa

Wibbles
      Participant

Well done for starting to talk about it. I was scared too at first but I’ve told the Police and Women’s Aid, a solicitor and my kids school – everyone has believed me and been so supportive. It has given me the strength to stick to my guns and stay away from him.
      You will be believed, if you encounter a sceptic, move on and speak to someone else. There are plenty of people and organisations out there who will support you through this.
      Thinking of you. X

resilient
      Participant

Thank you for your kind words.

Being asked “why now”, after all this time etc is what triggered me. Our childs safety is so important to me and i do not want him experiencing any abuse, if it can be prevented. Sometimes I feel powerless, like I am not being heard and taken seriously. They don’t see it and I try to but I cannot make them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content