Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

But feel like giving in to him. Miss that family unit thing. I know I’m being daft but Ha ing a weak moment x

Escaped not free
      Participant

I don’t think you are daft at all. I desperately miss the good parts and now feel like maybe I should have just been stronger as the hell he is putting me through at the moment doesn’t seem worth it. Crazy…he’s putting me through hell and I still feel I should have just done better! It’s so complexed to process. X*x

betterdays
        Participant

Hi escaped now free. I know it’s so hard I do still have strong feelings for him still it were nearly (detail removed by moderator) I’ve been no contact (detail removed by moderator) and it’s so hard as I miss that adult company it’s dreadful xx

Serenity
      Participant

I told my counsellor that I missed the family unit thing.

She said that I probably missed the ideal- but not the reality.

Ayanna
      Participant

It is a normal thing to wish for a family unit, it is a natural longing.
      Write down what he did to you. Whenever you feel that you become weak read your writings.
      I have written down so much, also for the court hearings. Just a few lines of reading in this rectifies my thinking every time.

Hi, i have got a book called How to Mend a Broken Heart by Christine Webber. It gets right down to the nitty gritty about what you actually had and what you actually miss. I currently feel that I love him and miss him and that is misunderstood with mental health problems. I have however maintained No contact for over (removed by moderator) . After reading this book I feel that its not him personally that I miss but just someone, someone to cuddle at night (his constant talking at me i hated), sex, sharing a holiday together and the promise of something permanent. The book gets you to see that those things are not personalized to him but could actually apply to anybody. Most of the time he annoyed and irritaated me. X

Rebuilding
      Participant

that is very common. I miss his dog and his family and moments where I felt like I belonged. But then I realise that because he has made me feel so isolated as a person it’s the reason i want family. He made my family relationships so distanced and difficult and encouraged my issues with them.
      There will be a family one day that I belong to, and that’s what keeps me trying to move forward. One day I’ll be capable of a healthy relationship!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content