Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      hopenothate
      Participant

Not sure if this is allowed but with the old forum I asked also about a member on here, a Muslim lady going through a horrible time. I think it really struck a chord in me and I’d like to know if she’s OK.

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Hope Not Hate,

Good to hear from you.

I know who you mean by the old member. Do you mean Shine Bright? ( I hope I can say that, Lisa.)

I often worry about her and wonder how she is, as she has not posted on the new forum. X

WanderingCloud
      Participant

You must have been reading my mind! I was also wondering how she was getting on. If my memory serves me right, she had managed to break free but extremely fearful that he was harassing her. She hasn’t been on for a few months.

SaharaD
      Participant

ShineBright, yes. lots of old members have been having trouble re-registering and logging on. I often use a laptop to use the forum. It’s much harder to use on a phone or a tablet.

the last I heard was that he attacked her in the street and social services where involved.

I don’t think she was actually getting a lot of support because she worked and was busy with the 3 or 4 children that she had.

She was finding it difficult with all of the authorities being involved and disrupting her family life. Her abusive husband though sounded incredibly dangerous and almost psychopathic and she said she believed that he was a substance abuser also.

She also struggled with self harm and obsessively cleaning.

Serenity
      Participant

If you have problems logging on, don’t use the log in bar at the bottom of the page: use the log-in option at the top of the page ( it will appear as the word ‘log in’ or as a symbol with three horizontal lines next to the words ‘Women’s Aid’ depending on what technology you are using.

Press the ‘log in’ title or the horizontal lines. If you press the lines, the log in symbol will show itself.

Return to the message where you want to post.

If you still haven’t been given an empty box to type in, return to the ‘log in’ bit as above, and do the log in bit all over again.

It will tell you that you are already logged in, but give you the option to ‘refresh’ your log in.

You should find that you can now type.

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Another lady who I often think of from the old forum – I can’t remember her name now but we did talk.
      I can’t remember too much of her details – it was a while ago now – but what I do remember was it was her flat, he had his own house but flit in and out of her flat as and when it suited him – well he’d gone away for the weekend and she had plucked up the courage to change the locks – and she was telling him it was over – I never did find out how things ended …..and I often wonder if she is free now and is she happy…….

Driftingalong
      Participant

Teatime

hopenothate
      Participant

Yes ShineBright. I hope she’s OK and being able to get the support she really needed. I remember feeling so proud of those steps she made that must have been so scary. When we all step out of what we know which is to think we deserve to run round the hamster wheel of abuse, when we step off that wheel and go towards no contact its such a big thing but always the right thing x*x

shine bright 2
      Participant

OMG….just found this !!! really has touched me
      ..iv posted an update in new members…finally worked out how to log on…dumb at these things. not self harmed for months:) …atoll cleaning like a mad person though …nut figure that’s okay. ..There are worse things..love to u all.

shine bright 2
      Participant

Still can’t type!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content