Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Borntobefree
      Participant

Xmas time is hard
      It’s been a while since I left my abuser

I lucky I spending time with family though
      But the hurt still lurks known I was nothing to my ex .. I tried so hard to make things work ..even though things got worse thinking I was the problem… but I know I wasn’t it was all him … why are these monsters so cruel to us pufft

KIP.
      Participant

Because they are twisted and take pleasure from others pain. Good riddance to bad rubbish ❤️

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Power and control, I think Borntobefree. Seeing us suffering seems to bring them pleasure and satisfaction. Mine only seems to care about himself, power, money and appearances
      At least you are out from under his control and cruelty now.
      Why not start a new tradition at Christmas. My son and I talked about this the other day, that next year we will have a lie-in on Christmas morning, just have a light lunch and eat our dinner later. Maybe if you change your usually routine, or arrange to see friends or something you might find it a little easier. Best wishes for a happy Christmas

IrisAtwood
      Participant

A lot of women, including me, spent years trying to hard to make things work, including sacrificing our self esteem and sense of self. So please accept that this is something most of us and nothing to be ashamed of.

And yes, part of recovery is looking at the our own thoughts, feelings and behaviours that led to us being in an abusive relationship. The abuse that he carried out was all him though. He did and said those things to you and that was abuse.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content