Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Walkingonsunshine
      Participant

Anyone had any experience with abusers trying to jeprodise a new relationship?

I Feel like he’s Never going to leave me alone, making up the most insane lies about my new partner to try and ruin my new relationship, threatening to tell the kids my new partner is the reason we split (lies)

Like if he did manage to split us up I’d ever want to go back to him?!

Eve1
      Participant

Haven’t had this experience but it sounds fairly standard abusive behaviour. How much contact do you have to have? Obviously if there’s contact with the children then he can get to you that way. My kid weren’t ‘young, young’ so I just didn’t engage much if they talked about their dad and I didn’t ask or talk about him.

No contact as far as possible is the quickest solution. Other ladies may have further help.

Best wishes
      Eve

Walkingonsunshine
        Participant

Thanks Eve1, I’m trying to do minimal contact but he has difficulty sticking to the plans 🙄 it’s complicated at the moment but hoping to get more structure put in place with a solicitor x

HopeLoveHappiness
      Participant

Hello walkingonsunshine💕

I am going through this at the moment, so i feel your pain. I’ve been away from him for a couple of years and hes already managed to ruin one of those relationships and now he’s trying to ruin this one with lies.

Hes manipulated my daughter into telling these lies. I know how hard this must be for you. But stay strong, do not let it break yous up. Thats what he wants, its all about control with men like that. I hope it gets sorted. This forum is full of lovely women💕but if you need a chat I’m only a message away x*x

Walkingonsunshine
      Participant

@hopelovehappiness Thank you so much, I love the forum, it’s so nice to be able to connect with people who understand, and you can connect with the posts that resonate with you and either help others or get answers/validate your own experiences.

Glad you’ve found love again, it’s just a shame it comes with such a burden 😔 I sometimes think it would be easier to be alone, yet he will probably just harass me to get back with him! It’s the kids I worry about, him poisoning them against me 💔 I just hope one day they will see him as I have.

HopeLoveHappiness
      Participant

I couldn’t agree more. Its nice to know that we aren’t alone💗. It is, but my partner understands the kind of person he is, its been tough, theres been times we’ve talked about splitting up because of him, but thats what he wants. I gave him what he wanted for years, not anymore, he doesn’t control me anymore. Honestly i agree, being alone would be easier, but would you be happy? At the end of the day, you need to do whats best for you, you deserve to be happy💕. I say the same thing, my daughter will see him for who he truly is, just as your kids will see there dad for who he is. Its so sad because kids are so easily manipulated, you tell them something enough times they will eventually start to believe it. But like i say, they will see him for who he really is. Stay strong, i know its sometimes easier said than done, but we’re all here to support you. You are not alone in this❤️

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content