Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Meringue
      Participant

Hi i’m quite new here and have been reading and learning loads. Thanks so much! Just now though I’m in turmoil. I spoke to the helpline and talked about a plan to leave but I don’t think I’m ready for that yet. On the one hand, I can’t imagine actually leaving. My partner would be so angry and my children are devoted to him and would be devastated (he’s a good dad). And on he other hand I keep telling myself that things are not so bad really and that if I keep my head down, we can just carry on. When things are OK, l like tonight, I still really over him. And yet I know that I’m really depressed and I’m only living half a life. I’m just so can confused…

Meringue
      Participant

Sorry,meant to say I still love him

Malaya
      Participant

Hi, I can understand it is hard to think about such a big change. You calling the helpline was brilliant, they can support you until you do feel ready.

Are you safe at home? Can you get out the house if you need to or have a room you can lock yourself in, in an emergency?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Meringue,

Welcome to the forum. It is completely understandable that you are feeling confused and conflicted. Many women on here will understand what you have said about ‘getting your head down and carrying on’, and whilst you may have ‘better times’, sadly the reality is that the cycle of abuse always continues and it tends to get worse over time.

We understand how incredibly difficult it is to make changes and it is important that you do so in your own time. It is a big step to call the helpline and to post on here, so please keep doing so.

You may also find it helpful to get some ongoing support from your local domestic abuse service too; you can find the details here.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Hey Meringue, welcome to to group.

I just wanted to add that if he’s abusing you, he’s not a good dad. The end. Good dads don’t abuse amazing mums and you are an amazing mum, don’t doubt that for a second.

Can you get the Kindle app on your phone? Can you get samples of the (removed by moderator) They are free and will help you make sense of what’s happening. Xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content