• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      godschild
      Participant

I have my prescriptions delivered by pharmasist due to my disability and over a very bad session of abuse earlier this year, my Husband was in a rage when the man delivered , I had opened the bedroom window as the door had knocked and was standing there when my husband went to the door, he stood outside swearing filthy things at me then he chucked my prescritpon up at me so aggresivley, the man delivering just stood there let him do all of this and didn’t say a word.
      He has just called this morning and he is all over my Husband like a rash , yet he witnessed how he treated me, anyone else have people ignore what is done to them. I feel so hurt and angry, he almost was verbally patting on the back, its really upset me. My Husband also has a male neigbour he goes to see and he knows full well what happens but never challenges him, just takes no notice and befriends him, why do people ignore abuse especailly men

Suntree
      Participant

Because they don’t want to get involved.
      The person doing the shouting might turn on them.
      It just might be a normal argument.
      They might make it worse for you.
      If it is that bad why don’t you call the police?
      It can’t be that bad you are still there?
      You haven’t asked for him to help you.
      You are just an emotional woman.
      There are a 101 reason why someone doesn’t get involved sadly. 🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive

Unfortunately Sun tree is right Godschild people don’t like to be involved. I have found that if people know you they quickly get used to hearing the abusive language and then they pay no attention. In the delivery drivers case he was probably not sure how to react. My neighbours rarely bat an eyelid now no matter what goes on. I am so sorry he has done this to you again. X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content