Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      RedStrawberry
      Participant

My ex has twisted pretty much everything that happened in the previous months before he left. Saying things like I stopped him doing things when he just suddenly refused to help and made a big deal if I actually dared ask for help. It’s making me wonder if I actually did do something to him, like treated him as badly as he says I did. I know I’m not imagining the physical stuff, and the threats of going elsewhere if I didn’t have sex, the silent treatments and the being blamed for everything amongst other things. I had started questioning his behaviour and saying it wasn’t acceptable and standing up for myself. I just feel so confused as he left me

Stillherebutnotme
      Participant

My ex partner does the same. I wonder if he really believes his own “truth” as he calls it or does he know what he’s saying is lies and he makes a choice to say them.
      Calling him out is the worst choice, I’ve learnt that the hard way. Agreeing doesn’t seem to make him happy either but it doesn’t leave bruises.

I think playing along, saying as little as possible and then once it’s safe, getting the hell out is our best option.

If he’s left, make sure he doesn’t come back and remember that you are not crazy, or abusive. You were happy once and can be again x

Bananaboat
      Participant

He has to be the victim and you the bad guy, they’ll twist everything to make that happen. He probably left you because either he had a new supply lined up or he realised he could no longer manipulate you, or both. Don’t waste your energy trying to change his view, he’ll have convinced himself it’s true. x

Scarecrow
      Participant

Hi RedStrawberry – as everyone has said before, it is a sad fact that this is what they do. Leave him to his own interpretation of what happened, walk away knowing the truth. To hell with what anyone else thinks,

Scarecrow x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Blamers blamshifters emotional blackmailers, they just lie, lie about everything lie to themselves lie to us lie about us lie about other people bend the truth to suit themselves, one thing we can guarantee is that abusers will lie, lie about big things small things, unnecessary things, it’s a blessing he’s left redstrawberry if he’d stayed you’d still be in the toxic loop of confusion, they won’t be happy they can’t be happy they’re greedy ungrateful people who can’t love properly ❤️🧡💛

RedStrawberry
      Participant

Thank you all so much for your replies, that makes sense it being his version because when we were together he’d remember previous events totally different to what happened normally forgetting anything that made him sound bad. I definitely ended up with severe anxiety and thought I was going crazy and that just seemed to make him more annoyed and amused at the same time. He still playing games around the kids now I just want it to stop

Anonymous
        Inactive

Gaslighters RS that have angel/hero/innocent/victim complex ☀️🍓☀️

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content