Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Alone
      Participant

Anyone else feel like you take two steps forward, and twenty backwards?

I had a very serious health scare recently. Made me make some drastic changes that have helped, such as changing my job again, which is helping me get a work-life balance. I’ve been missing one for four years!

But, long story short, and I’ll elaborate if anyone wants to listen – I feel like getting me to this point has made me lose everything good in my life that made me want to push forward. Now I feel completely lost, and like I want to trade it all back. I’m just so tired of feeling like I’m constantly starting over, constantly back at square one. My life is a game of snakes and ladders, with no ladders and only snakes! I can’t keep doing this, I can’t keep finding the strength to pick up and keep going. I’m at a point now where it’s happened so often that I don’t even want to try anymore, as I know I’m just going to end up hurting and back here at some point.

I’ve started crying now, so I’ll just leave this there.

Happy Easter, ladies!

Fudgecake
      Participant

Hello Alone,
      I’m glad that you’ve posted here. Keep posting as everyone here understands what it’s like. I know exactly how you feel regarding more snakes than ladders in life and I am wondering if I have the strength to rebuild my life again.
      But change is part of life although that doesn’t offer me or you comfort right now. I’m in a new area with no friends and no job at present but yesterday I went out and had a lovely day at the beach. I glimpsed my old self and you in time will too as our true self is the one constant.
      All I can say is keep posting, talk to Wa for support and try and have some me time.
      It’s good to cry as it lets out stress and I’ve had a cry everyday so far. Don’t be hard on yourself you’re a fighter. Keep going .
      Sending you positive thoughts x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Alone

Just wanted to send you some support, having to restart over and over again is so difficult, but you have had the strength to do it and to recognise and change the things in life which are not working for you. Feeling lost is something that many women on this forum will have experienced, keep going as you are doing so well even though it does not feel like it at the moment. You can always contact the helpline on 0808 2000 247 if you wanted to talk. We are all here to support you.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Alone, welcome to the forum, you’ll find here you’re not alone, everyone gets you and what you’re trying to say even when you’ve not got the words. Being at rock bottom, there’s only one way out of it and that’s up and women have been getting back up since time began. That’s why we are stronger than men, that’s why we keep putting one foot in front of the other. Have you spoken to anyone about how you feel, your gp, women’s aid, the Samaritans? Keep posting and reading others posts, we’ll help you find your inner strength and show you how to change and be comfortable and happy in yourself. Each of us have our own timeline to healing, share with us your pain, your fears, you’ll have unconditional support.
      Sending strength and healing thoughts
      IWMB 💕💕

Peacethroughhealing
      Participant

Yes I do. Each time I feel that this is it with my partner and I don’t want to see him again he just reels me back and it’s just happened again until the next time he is abusive and so the cycle continues.

Alone
      Participant

I just can’t shake this sense of being too tired to keep starting over, why do I never manage to build anything that sticks, that I get to keep? I feel hopeless, like it’s all in vain and that I have to finally admit it to myself. I’m really struggling

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Alone,I’m not sure if this will be of any comfort to you but I’ve been really practicing LOA, stands for law of attraction again recently. I find I’m always there to help others but forget me, I’m not worth being helped, I’m being selfish, his words and thoughts. No more. It’s been over a week of practicing, a few days I’ve become distracted, but in the main I’m doing it a few times a day. I thoroughly believe it’s within ourselves to make our lives better, just by thinking differently. Changing negative thoughts to positive ones. I’m not saying it’s easy, we’ve thought this way,believed for so long we’re just unlucky in love, at work, with money. But we aren’t, they’re not the cards we’ve been dealt in this life, we can make it better. Its changing one thing at a time, thinking of that and that alone, seeing it happen, visualisation fir want of anither description. write what you want over and over again in your journal, believe it will happen, truly believe it. When you’re at rock bottom, the only way is back up again and again and again. Show them they’re not winning, you’re not bothered what they say and do to you, they, whoever they are, become dead to you, they no longer exist in your world.
      Standing strength and love to you
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content