Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      HunkyDory
      Participant

Hi ladies hope you’re all doing ok. I started EMDR treatment and recently had a deep session that the therapist said might throw up some other memories etc. so I’ve been a bit delicate since the session but overall ok.

I saw a text message pop up on my phone saying I had voicemail. It was unusual and thought I might have temporarily lost signal and the caller went direct to voicemail. I called it and boom. It was him. I literally threw the phone away and felt sick and shaky for a good hour. I’ve not heard his voice in many months. I have something of his he wants me to ship over to him which I will do when I have the money to do it. But I was immediately thrown back into my life back then, and what it was like with him – having to immediately react, solve a problem get it sorted, pull strings, drop everything, now now now… now I’ve taken a breath and thought I’ll do it when I can.

Also, I thought because his number is blocked, calls couldn’t get through at all?? But obviously he managed to leave a message. I didn’t know that could happen. If he contacts me again work have said I can get my number changed.

Thanks all xx

KIP.
      Participant

Don’t wait for him to Contact you again. Change your number now. Don’t respond. Whatever it is can’t be that important or he would have taken it with him. Not your responsibility. Do you know a friend of his or family member you can dump his stuff with?

HunkyDory
      Participant

Thanks KIP it was impossible for him to take these things with him, they were too big and as he went so quick (had to) there was no time to make arrangements to ship them. I’m not in contact with anyone who has links to him so can’t leave them with anyone. I’d forgotten they were still in the house hidden away upstairs. He needs them for his work now. I think it would be a good move to change the number xx

Cecile
      Participant

its his responsibility to move his own stuff. Do not touch it in case he accuses you of damaging it. can you get an Anyvan service to move it to storage? go through a solicitor to him to set it up, at his expense. then he can come to your area and ship it or have it shipped without contacting you.

Camel
      Participant

Hi HunkyDory

I understand the anger and revulsion you feel at this man forcing himself back into your life. As long as you have his stuff he has a hold over you. Yet it’s no longer your job to deal with it either. Importantly, it’s absolutely not down to you to foot the bill. Maybe ask your therapist how to deal with this? I’m sure it’s nothing they haven’t heard before. Whatever you do, make no direct contact and leave no opportunity for him to keep in touch.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content