Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I went for a routine blood test the other day. Have been going for years. The nurse took a while to call my name. The reason? She was reading my notes. She was flabbergasted at what I’d experienced. She talked with me for around 35 mins. Way over the allocated appointment. She told me her personal experience too.

The reason for this post is I didn’t think she’d remember me or would have the time to actually care. She’s a very nice woman. But the fact she read my notes, took a genuine interest in what I was saying and didn’t take the blood and BP until we’d finished chatting shows she’s an amazing person. I didn’t go there with my story of abuse, I was just getting blood taken.

Such respect for the woman.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you for sharing I have had a lot of negative responses lately its good to remember that theres people out there that care.

FS

Dragonfly
      Participant

Yep. Me too. The thing is she wasn’t just doing her job, she really did go the extra mile 😊

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content