Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      anotherlife
      Participant

Sorry ladies. I just need to get this off my chest!!!!!
      All these things you can copy & paste in facebk and put them on your own wall. There’s a new one about couples staying together through thick and thin etc etc, more or less saying it’s ok to treat someone like s*** and ignore them as it’s all about love and forgiveness….!!!!!
      So it’s on my partner’s wall saying he loves me & people commenting about how lovely it is! I rarely swear but what a load of old c*** and how disgusting that people read these things and then say, yes that’s true! It’s abuse if it’s one sided and here I am dreading him coming home & making myself miserable every day and trying to protect my kids from it all.
      I want to remove it and say it’s a load of rubbish but I can’t do I’ll try to ignore it while he gets comments saying what a lovely thing he’s fine putting it on there….
      Sorry ladies, it’s a minor thing compared to do many things. I’m just sick of it all x

Poodlepower
      Participant

I wouldn’t look at his Facebook wall if I were you. He’s probably hoping you will and he’s sending a message to you. Don’t let him.

itwillbeokay
      Participant

This stupid post came up on my newsfeed the other day posted by someone in my year at school with a picture of her and her husband, I thought the wording of it was pretty irresponsible and also, the guilt I currently feel and am made to feel at walking out of my marriage with our young children, I could’ve done without it and wanted to reply something probably not very appropriate. I refrained but I felt the same as you about it xx

White Rose
      Participant

My ex probably has it on his too! But he’s blocked and will stay that way.
      Come off social media totally? Tell him your having a break from it – many people do.
      It’s may not be a big thing to other people in but it is to you and that makes it important. It’s like those posts that come up about people who’ve got particular problem/died of a specific disease and if you or a family member have it it freaks you out!
      I’ve got into the habit of using the “see fewer posts like this/don’t see anything from x, y, z” on FB as I get fed up of some themes…. one of my nephews is a BIG footy fan. I dont know how many inappropriate football related links I’ve blocked in last few weeks!!
      Keep positive x

anotherlife
      Participant

Thank youfor your replies ladies. We’re still together and I’m out of work after redundancy and an operation (Detail removed by Moderator), I feel stuck at the moment but trying to plan slowly. Lots more I could say.
      He’s working away and home soon. I’ve unfollowed the post but can’t really not look at ha stuff as he oftens asks if I’ve
      Funny he hasn’t mentioned this one…! There’s such a load of rubbish on social media but I keep Facebook to stay in contact and see my friends photos etc. I’ll try to avoid looking at his but it’s tempting when mostly I don’t really care at all about him! We’ll be far better off without him one day but I have no money for the moment and never thought I’d be in this situation. If I knew he was never coming back, I think I’d have a party just for me ans the kids just to celebrate!!!!!
      What they do to us with their control and putting us down and trying to make us feel inferior, showing off, scaring the kids, Jekyll and Hyde. The list will go on and on….
      Keep looking forward ladies x💗

anotherlife
      Participant

I’m literally counting down the days until he returns, makes me put my head in my hands in despair. All so different to the outside world….

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content