Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Littlepixie
      Participant

I wonder if anyone can help me.
      I am trying to leave my husband and at the minute it’s really early stages. (detail removed by moderator)
      If I now make a claim as a single parent with 2 kids will this go against me? I am looking at a private rental because I know it’ll take forever for a house to come available and my daughter is refusing to stay here when he is at home. He is only back at weekends.
      I am on a low income (detail removed by moderator)
      Can anyone help? I am waiting on a WA support worker to contact me so I’m hoping she can help but I am so anxious. I saw a house yesterday but it’s already gone and until I can get confirmation of what I’m entitled to I can’t arrange to rent anywhere.
      (detail removed by moderator)
      Thank you

sweet4
      Participant

I have been on UC for a few months, no small kids though. Pick up the phone and speak to UC, they will guide you. x

Littlepixie
        Participant

I tried to call yesterday and was on hold for over 30 mins. My kids are teenagers. Going to try and get on touch with citizens advice but it’s hard when I’m at work all day.
        Thank you

sweet4
      Participant

Ah i see, i tried CAB, they have live chat, which is fast. xx

Littlepixie
        Participant

Oh really. I’ll have a look at that but I really need to sit down with someone and go through everything. I’ve never had to claim anything before so I’m clueless xx

sweet4
      Participant

Me to i have never had to deal with it all, CAB will help you with UC, AS I said live chat is brill. Little P you are just at the beginning, it took me many months to get were i am today, i now have a support worker. Keep trying live chat xx

Littlepixie
        Participant

Thank you. I felt so deflated today. Went to CAB near where I work & they said someone would call me if I filled in a form. Filled form in & because I live in a different area they couldn’t help. Rushed to my local one only to find they were closed. Actually walked away in tears. They say there’s support out there but I’m not seeing it. I hope the WA lady phones me tomorrow. I am ready ti admit defeat & he wins again xx

sweet4
      Participant

LittleP you are were i was last year, i feel for you, as i was there.
      Live chat, do try.
      Have you tried live chat on here?
      Womans Aid advised me, to contact my local DA, now i have a support worker,keep posting xx

Littlepixie
        Participant

Thanks.
        It hard to see the light at the end
        Of the tunnel. I feel like just running away. I’m in work this morning but they have been fantastic about it and said anytime I need to make a call or leave it’s fine. I finish tomorrow for Easter which I’m dreading because at work I’m busy and it helps take my mind of things. I work with teenagers so you get some good laughs.
        Fingers crossed I get through today. He’ll be home for the weekend and the sick feeling is coming back. I avoided him last weekend but can’t do that again this weekend. Thanks again for your support xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content