Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Has anyone used unreasonable behaviour as grounds for divorcing their partner? What evidence did you present and how far back in time did you go. Does the court only look at events from the past year, or perhaps even less than that? I have a multitude of things I could use, which cover the past decade, though I’ve been married for longer than this. I’ve been verbally abused in public and had my physical health put at serious risk, such that I could have died had I not asked repeatedly to be taken to the hospital.

I posted a poem earlier this week saying how I was unable to cry despite feeling extremely distressed. Well good news, researching divorce matters has finally opened the tear ducts. Not quite a flood yet, but, it’s a start!

Cecile
      Participant

I am doing it currently. I had worried my grounds were insufficient but after telling the solicitor the least bad things @s a warm up to the worst he has done, I was told that was more than enough. They wrote three things in the application. There is tons more of course. He is terrified, really scared, that we will end up in court so I sadly realise he is hiding even more from me. The accused does not seem even slightly bothered by the allegations from me, w@s not embarrassed and have a half hearted “sorry” to me one day. He is not even trying to dispute it, almost as if he is proud of it.

W****o.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey well done. It would be good for you to visit a solicitor. Most will give you a free initial consultation. Usually half an hour. I was told that one act of abusive behaviour is enough but someone else on here posted they put four or five. You can also ring Rights of Women for free legal advice. You. Ignite want to evidence the abuse if you can. No doubt he will deny it anyway and it can be drawn out and expensive so there’s lots to think about. Make sure your gathering all relevant financial evidence. Getting all your ducks in a row before you begin proceedings because you can be sure he will make things as difficult as possible x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘unreasonable behaviour grounds for divorce’ is closed to new replies.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content