Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

In this very moment im very unsure what to do. Im more then a little lost. I have no idea what the right decision to make is. I dont feel any decision is going to feel like the right doscion tbh. Im so confused. I dint want to have to leave.

hop
      Participant

I don’t know what to say…is your gut giving you any idea? Sometimes there are no wrong or right choices. Just ones that make us feel bad and others that make us feel less bad. Do what’s in your best interests, then it can’t be wrong xx

Wants To Help
      Participant

Sometimes when we don’t really know what to do, the best thing is to do nothing. Just take a little more time to weigh up your options, think about the pros and cons for each one, consider a plan. Perhaps try the A-E Problem Solving approach.

A – Acknowledge. Acknowledge there is a problem and you want to do something about it.
      B – Brainstorm. Brainstorm your ideas of what you can do, options that are possible, available, you’d like to do, that may work. Write them all down.
      C – Choose. Choose one of your options that seems the most likely to be a solution.
      D – Do It. Don’t hesitate any more, do it.
      E – Evaluate. If the option you have chosen doesn’t work for some reason, go back to C and try something else.

It’s all in your own time, at your own pace, when you are ready and not a moment before.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

WantsToHelp
      Loving these options laid out like this, it makes so much sense! I spent a lot of time on A…the rest went so quickly, my head is still spinning.

Alittlelost, also consider what makes you feel safe? Do you feel safe telling him what you think? Do you receive the space to do so? Does he respect your opinions without repercussions? You deserve to be able to talk freely, move freely and take decisions for your life without him deciding for you.
      Do you have any support?
      Remember to keep breathing in deeply in and out 💕

Hazydayz
      Participant

Alittlelost, it’s a few hours later…and I see you have some very good replies. All, great support and advice to help you I hope. Freedomfries01, WantsToHelp and HopeLifeJoy, so helpful! I too love the A-E approach of decision making, it does make so much sense doesn’t it. Especially when life feels complicated, because it isn’t easy at times is it💞

Alittlelost
      Participant

Thank you very much. Im still really unsure but i will try what u sugguested thank you i really appreciate it

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content