Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      savingthestars
      Participant

I have evidence of different types of abuse. I feel that I want to take the evidences to the police and show them. Say look, this is what I suffered and its historical but I need some kind of… closure. Personally I wish I could just get him put away then everyone would be safer, (detail removed by moderator) I have asked womens aid via text but got no answer.

diymum@1
      Participant

it will go in your favour if you have police records. do you have evidence off this already? like 999 calls – intimidating and aggressive behaviour? or any arrests in custody cases the reporter request these. (detail removed by moderator) xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Please do report but take a womens aid support worker with you; (detail removed by moderator). If you give a statement then at the very least this information will be available to others under Claire’s Law. (detail removed by moderator); for me I need to at least try and report as like you I’d like to know one way or another so I can walk away from it all x

Wibbles
      Participant

I was scared to report my husband, I was shaking as I waited for the call to go through. But the police were brilliant, it was such a relief to be taken seriously by the authorities and an officer came to see me within a couple of hours.
      You can ask them to not take it further and unless they have serious concerns they will respect this. At least you will then have it logged and they know that a call from you is serious.
      Please think about telling someone, your GP if not the police.

Good luck. X*x

savingthestars
      Participant

Think I am going to take the cowards way out, and write a letter to the station with the evidences. I’m gonna give them the whole history and they can do what they want with it – prosecute or not. I’m just sick of feeling like I did not do anything. Sick of him smiling across the table at me, like ‘nobodys believing you’ or … ‘I’ve won’

fizzylem
        Participant

Nothing will happen if it’s anonymous; you need to make a signed statement to make it official. If you post a letter and dont get a response you will likely wonder what happened in the future. What’s stopping you doing it? If you took someone with you could that help? x

savingthestars
      Participant

I’m a bit scared to be honest.

I want to do it. I want to report this historical stuff, even tho some of it may be too long ago. I want him to be accountable for his actions…

I am scared that he is going to kidnap the kids. I am scared that it will come to nothing. I am scared that they are just gonna say what they always do and say ‘its just a domestic’ or that i gave as much as he did. I stood up for my kids basically and it looks like a row. I am sick of him/professionals saying what he got done for was a one off and hes not that person. I blow things out of proportion. I mean there are things he has done that I don’t have proof of… so I guess I can only tell them what I can prove.

I don’t even know if I can report different types of domestic abuse at the same time.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content