Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi ladies. An old friend of mine got in touch with me recently but I decided to block him. He was really flirty, clingy, annoying and expected my attention all the time. I told him he was too much and I was going to block him. He now decides to contact me (not sure how if he’s blocked) and asked if I had actually blocked him.

I haven’t responded to him and I’m not going to. I don’t have to justify myself to anyone especially a man! I don’t need anyone flirting or paying me compliments because I’m learning to love myself. I am happy with the people I have in my life and I certainly am not missing him not being there. It’s made me feel uneasy because I’m trying to take control back here. If I have made a decision it should be respected. I’ve been through far too much for anything that doesn’t serve any purpose to me.

He would say to me he likes to talk to me cos he can practice how to flirt! I’m not someone’s plaything and if he wants to do that he should sign himself up to some dodgy website! I am very very particular who I have in my life now and that is not going to change for anyone. I decide how my life is led no one else.

Ladies this has made me feel slightly uncomfortable and when he would talk to me I felt the same it was too much. This is my recovery and I realised that the only person I can focus on is myself! I don’t need any unwanted distractions and I certainly don’t need a man to make me feel good about myself. Put boubdaries in place for what you feel is acceptable and have the willpower to keep those boundaries in place. Do not give into what you believe in for anyone. We will ever make that mistake again that’s for sure!! X*x

Dragonfly
      Participant

Well done you 🙂

I’m in a situation with a man too. Feel the same as you but unsure what to do about him. Keeps contacting me and uses the abuser as the topic of conversation. I’ve told him I couldn’t give one jot about the abuser. So this man goes on to tell me that said abuser has upset at least one other woman so he’s now more inclined to believe my version of events than the man who attacked me! Like I should feel privileged! My response has been ‘whoopy doo but I couldn’t give a toss what you think’. Yet he still contacts me.

Then he’s always asking to meet me, where do I go these days bla bla. I always decline.

Don’t want or need him making me feel uneasy. Time to take a leaf out of your book an block him I think.

Why certain men think that your life is any of their business is beyond me. You frankly couldn’t care less whether he believes you or not. This is not some soap opera this is your life! It’s your feelings, your business and really is nothing to do with him. Please refrain from talking to him some people just use this as an opportunity to gossip because their lives are so dull as if we have the time to do this with anyone else where they find the time is again beyond me!

Honestly block him because you don’t want someone going weird on you. Where you go, what you do is private and that’s the way it shpuld stay. You don’t even have to tell him he’s being blocked just do it! I should have done the instead of saying anything. You have to do what feels comfortable for you and anything that makes you uncomfortable shouldn’t stay in your life anymore. You’re worth more than that. I can definitely say my head feels lighter after blocking him and I’m really starting to see the benefits of limiting the people I speak to in my life. The only person whose important now is you we should never neglect or put aside our feelings for anyone ever again!!!! X*x

Dragonfly
      Participant

Completely agree with you ☺

Thank you 😊. I will only give my attention to someone while really worth it. I’m not lowering my standards ever again xxxx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content