Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lavenderrose
      Participant

Please help!
      My ex has moved from our family home and now will not provide his new address. Our daughter is due contact but I am reluctant to hand her over when I do not know where she will be going. My solicitor has sent numerous letters and emails asking for this information but they have withheld it all along. Am I right to withhold contact if he refuses to provide the new address?
      We have a court order x

KIP.
      Participant

What does your solicitor advise? I’d have genuine concerns about him withholding this information. You might want to send a letter via your solicitor saying you’re withholding contact until you have this information. As you’re concerned for the welfare of your child. What does the court order say about contact? Perhaps you could use this a reasons why contact should only be done in a contact centre where he can’t leave with your child. He’s playing games. You might find from a legal stand point he’s entitled to withhold this information, just as you are. He’s has the same rights as you and you can bet unless it’s in black and white in a court order, he’s going to mess you around.

Lavenderrose
      Participant

Thanks @kip
      We both have to legally give our new address once we have moved. You’re right about the game playing and it’s happening a lot already. So exhausting!
      My solicitor has written on numerous occasions asking for it but we kept getting fobbed off. I know it’s another level of control. I’m finding the whole thing so so stressful. My anxiety is through the roof when I have to deal with him and there’s literally nothing I can do about it x

KIP.
      Participant

I’d refuse to hand my child over if he’s not adhering to the legal side of things. Id say you’re perfectly justified. It is exhausting dealing with abusers because they don’t stick to the rules. They make their own and then even break them. You make a plan and stick to it. Don’t worry what he’s doing. Just make sure your position is safe. You’re doing everything above board and legal. He’s messing about. I’d ask for contact now to be done via a contact centre. That way you take the control out of his hands.

diymum@1
      Participant

hello you – sounds like hes being a nightmare. id get the solicitor to write out to say until you get the address it will have to be supervised contact at a contact centre. you cant risk this s its an underhanded threat off abduction. you might be able to stick to this through the court order if you can enforce an order. it clearly shows he is nor being reasonable and he is punishing you through your daughter xx here if you need any advice xx take care love diymum xx

diymum@1
      Participant

id also say after lots of correspondence this has to be the way forward with contact as your starting to exhaust all avenues xx use his manipulation in your favour x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content