Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Toofarr
      Participant

Please let me know if anyone has been in the same situation and what to do.

He’s now playing mind games with me by using our child. He’s using her to mentally abuse me. He’s being overly affectionate with her, sometimes even taking her away from me to hug and kiss her. Whereas before he didn’t give a c**p and wouldn’t pay too much attention. He would treat me like rubbish say horrible things then go to her all loving and affectionate.

He would also use her to do things he knows I don’t approve of or like and purposefully does those things more. Using religion as one of them. She’s still very young.

He would purposefully single me out. When I’m out he won’t let me have any peace with her. Video calls me to see where I am with our child but uses the guise of wanting to see her despite having seen her just hours before.

He also uses our child by asking her where we’ve been and what we’ve done.

I know maybe it sounds crazy but I know he is using her to get to me. She’s too young to understand what he’s doing.

What do I do? I can’t bare this much longer. It’s breaking me even more.

He over steps my boundaries and does what ever he wants when it comes to her with no respect for me. Makes plans for her without consulting me but goes to tell her without telling me first. He would also verbally insult me slyly while she’s around. Sometimes he wouldn’t be so sly. It’s really affecting me mentally. I try not to show it and I don’t bring it up because I know he’s just looking for a reason to attack me.

I worry this person has become completely unstable and is trying to destroy me. He completely hates me but won’t end things. I think he wants me to end it so he can blame me for everything and destroy me even more. He has said he doesn’t know why he’s with me or why he would want me. He is resorted to psychological games, using our child as a weapon.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi toofar, this must be so difficult for you… this is a common tactic, he is abusing you and your child. The threats to you re you loosing custody are threats to keep him feeling in control..

Keep reaching out x*x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content