Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Random.
      Participant

Has anyone ever felt their need to express what they’ve been through in a powerful & expressive way?
      I’m asking because I adore travelling & tattoos as I think both encompass freedom, uniqueness & empowerment. I just wondered if anyone else felt this way?
      I’m not out of the turmoil/happiness at times that are my relationship yet but I do wonder if I will feel confident enough again at some point in my life to express myself like this ever again..
      Sorry very random to ask I know.
      X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes. Perfectly normal and natural. If you wonder if you will ever feel that again, then you might want to make that happen. Little caterpillar wants to be a butterfly? Then be a butterfly! Should anyone ever dictate what feels right, is right for us? Especially when it comes to self expression. I kinda call that the ultimate betrayal. What would they mean that I am not allowed to be Me? Of course I am! And the only person that would really that can’t happen however – is me.

You are wanting to break out and you should! Don’t be sorry either, no stupid or weird questions here! You just talk your head off and express what you need to. Wondering it you will ever be confident again is the first step my lovely. Strong important step. You being here – big step. I’d love to hear from you as this goes along when you come out dancing and free and being your authentic self! What a wonderful thing to behold and see happen. I look forward to it!!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

When I broke away the first thing I did fir me was get not one but two tattoos. Couldn’t make my mind up so got both. They are the strength in me as a visual reminder. I adore them. Every time I look at them I feel comfort and much more confident. He wouldn’t let me get anymore, so this was me sticking two fingers up at him. One of my first posts was called baby steps, cos sometimes it’s all we can do. Doing more is too much, too overwhelming. This is your journey, you get to say what’s right fir you now,you get to decide how long it takes. Noone makes those decisions for you, and we’re behind you, beside you every step of the way.
      IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content