Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

just when you think your back on your feet doing positive posts im back to square one.. wakes up 4am massive anxiety attack. i was dreaming of him. but it was the “him” i met all those years ago he was young buff clean and made me belly ache laugh. then he magan to morph into the real “him” the fat ugly lazy stinking cheating drunk he is. i was doing so well and he creeps back into my head. it is cruel we never really escape these “hims” i cant call them men. men would never do this to abuse woman..

Fudgecake
      Participant

These dreams are very unsettling so I know what you mean. I’m some time away now with no contact and only very recently having dreams like these. He’s either Mr Nice or Mr Nasty in them, never both in the same dream. Either one unsettles and upsets me too. Should we hope to forget what happened or is it our sub conscious keeping us vigilant of people we meet and not to be so trusting? My ex is never far from my mind whether I’ve dreamt or not about him. Perhaps it’s best to be ever vigilant in future dealings with those we come into contact with.

Anonymous
      Inactive

i absolutely agree with you on everything you say. it totally makes sense. my trust in men has absolutely gone. im constantly on my guard for him turning up as he cant contact me any other way. thank you for your response there is times i feel i am being over sensitive or just stupid for feeling the way i feel at my age im not a teenager i should be dealing better. hate these high low days

HunkyDory
      Participant

You’re not being over sensitive imsosad, these dreams are unsettling. I’ve been a few weeks away now and this week three nights running I had the same dream that we were back together and I had to go through it all again. Friday he was hitting me. Last nights I’ve forgotten but it woke me and my heart was pounding. But it was about him again. We have been through horrible times and I always believe dreams are a way of our brains making sense of what has happened and also of guiding us. I think Fudgecake is right, it’s a reminder of the people to avoid maybe? I’m going to try and change my bedtime routine and maybe have a bath right before bed and a sleepy tea instead of alcohol and see if it stops these dreams. There’s no right or wrong way of getting through this, we all heal in different ways. Hope today is better for you and sweeter dreams tonight xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

i have tried camomile tea lets just say the noises i made drinking it was hilarious.i will be ok i know it i just like a balance on my mind, heart, spirit just now and again memories give them a wobble.. i wish there was a magic pill..

HunkyDory
      Participant

Clipper sleep easy tea is delicious I can definitely recommend that x

Anonymous
      Inactive

i will sure try it.x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Sending you many hugs and wish you a very peaceful night sleep for tonight 💕😴

Anonymous
      Inactive

thank you my friend x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content