Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbowdream
      Participant

So after an incident that led to my son being put in danger I had to talk to my midwife about what’s been going on so she could help me keep my son safe.
      This has obviously led in a referral to social services- which I knew it would. But the wait for them to call is torture.
      Feeling so scared about what’s going to happen.
      They also referred me to a DA and sexual violence service and I have an IDVA now too.
      It’s all just happening very fast but also not fast enough if that makes sense.
      Feeling very overwhelmed with it all and just want to know what’s going to happen. Ergh

Eggshells
      Participant

I can understand how tortuous this wait must feel for you. It’s like the calm before the storm. Try to hang on in there and focus on your son now. Give him lots of love, time and attention. He’ll need the reassurance as he’ll sense your tension.

If it gets too much, perhaps try talking to your midwife and ask her what happens next and how long it will take. She may not know the answers but she is in a position to try and find out for you.

You have done the right thing my lovely. The safety of you and your children is paramount. You are a brilliant Mum for trying to protect them. xx

Rainbowdream
        Participant

Thankyou, yeah its been very tough.
        Thankyou, trying to enjoy the sun with him and do nice things together.
        I spoke to my IDVA and she recommended speaking to maru so they’ve said a social worker will phone tomorrow. It’s really scary and it’s starting to all feel very real now!
        I had a massive breakdown on the phone to the IDVA as I think how scared I am is actually starting to hit home now.
        Thankyou

Bananaboat
      Participant

You could call them, they’d understand. When this happened to me I had a call from MASH first then the social worker called to book a meeting, so it might take a few days. Your description is spot on it feels like so much at once but then also not fast enough at times. Look after yourself x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content