Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

I can’t sleep through the whole night? I’ve women again at 5am? Didn’t go to. bed till midnight! Anyone else struggling to sleep through? What’s it about do you know? No nightmares this time like most of the other times…I don’t understand what’s going on with me? 💞

Hazydayz
      Participant

I’m flagging now…time for bed soon? 💞

fizzylem
      Participant

Even just a little anxiety can keep me awake til the early hours; I’ve also done all nighters. It’s so bad for health. In the early days I was prescribed amatryptaline for it, which kind of helped to get past the first year, but it made me groggy and I missed the alarm completely some mornings for the school run – eek!

The best thing I’ve found to help is to make sure I exercise in the day, so that when my head hits the pillow I’m ready. It’s still something I have to focus on though even today, years later, rising at the same time and going to bed at the same time, it’s not easy to implement for me but I persevere as I know routine is the answer and I win most of the days when I do. Best to avoid blue screen devices an hour before really as well. If I cant sleep now I put on a guided meditation or the radio, usually does the trick, keeps my mind distracted until I float off.

Hazydayz
        Participant

Thanks Fizzylem, a few good ideas for me to try. 💞

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content