Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alone
      Participant

Can anyone tell me how to leave when you’re not convinced it isn’t your fault? When you’re scared it will follow you, and that you’re the problem? Can someone say something that makes this all clear for me? Please?

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Alone, I’m not sure how to help. You sound confused and desperate, but I’m not sure if you are asking advice on how to leave an abusive relationship or whether it is abuse. Have you tried phoning the helplines? The ladies there are brilliant at listening and giving great advice as well as helping you see your situation more clearly. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. Can you explain a little more about your situation? Keep posting and stay safe

Alone
      Participant

Hi, just so confused whether it’s my fault or not, and whether I need to shut up and put up or get out at the moment. Feeling like I need people to persuade me to leave. It’s so hard. Not in a relationship, this is potential abuse from a sibling after an abusive parent passed away. Drunk and lost. I work six days a week, and unsociable hours, so too easy to push everything aside. I hate the name alone. but in reality, I guess it’s what I am

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi Alone, I remember your situation with your family member. Nobody should ever ‘put up and shut up,’ everyone has the right to feel safe and happy. Your situation sounded diabolical with him, you 100% deserve so much more and are not the problem, but will find that an abuser will always try to convince you that you are.

There are ways to change your life, none of us are ever truly stuck but sometimes the solutions aren’t always obvious. Ring the helpline, keep posting.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content