Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Erin
      Participant

I keep trying to get a chance to post my story but it is impossible. I have had enough. I am tired and numb living on egg shells.

I think I know the best thing is to leave this toxic relationship but I have been so stupid and feel like it is my fault I am where I am.

If I leave I am so worried about our little one – he will try and take her away from me I am sure of it. It will be my word against his regarding the abuse – or as he likes to put it – my ‘perception’ of his behaviour being abuse.

KIP.
      Participant

Before you leave, put all your ducks in a row. Secretly record his abuse. Build a picture for court should he try that. It’s not your fault where you are. Abusers make us feel everything is our fault which it is not. It’s terrible exhausting mind games. Get in touch with Wmens Aid x

Ayanna
      Participant

If you are distressed secretly call the police and let them listen. That should finish him off.

Whathaveidone
      Participant

Erin, I feel similar to you except I don’t have a child but I’m finding it extremely difficult to just leave this horrible relationship. I did call the Woman’s Aid helpline a few days ago but unfortunately, the lines were too busy and I was far too afraid to leave a message for a call back. Maybe you could try and ring the helpline and see if you can get through to someone. They might be able to help.
      Sending my love
      whathaveidone.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content