Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      timeforchange
      Participant

HI,
      I have just split up from my on/off bf off (detail removed by Moderator) and because I could not cope with how he treated me.
      I believe he was emotionally and verbally abusive. His nickname for me was ‘Crazy’
      I am now thinking maybe it was me??
      He started off a very nice, kind man although I did notice red flags, like how he spoke about his exes, lying about having a child with his ex, having a jekyll and Hyde like character.
      It got worse and worse, belittling my job, him blaming everyone else for his actions, I was too sensitive or no sense of humour, he also called my children names and ridiculed my disabled childaughter and other family members. I could literally type for ever and ever…was I the crazy, sensitive one or have I been abused.

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi hun
      No you are not crazy
      You was in abusive relationship like me
      They make us think we are .but they are the ones with the problem… They are crazy making (detail removed by Moderator)..so happy you are free …time to work on you now X

timeforchange
      Participant

Thank you for your reply, borntobefree.
      I have never been able to maintain no contact, I keep going back. The only last communication that was open was email, I have changed my number and blocked him on social media. I am only only on my (detail removed by Moderator) day off nc and I keep getting overwhelming urges to log in and see if he has emailed me. I don’t know what I am expecting, an enapathy that he’s relaised his wrongdoings, etc even though I know that would never happen.
      I just don’t want to get him out my head…forever 🙁

timeforchange
      Participant

*want

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi hun
      I’ve been no contact for well over (detail removed by Moderator)

I unblocked my ex on social media worst mistake I did
      I then self talked myself don’t go there again

Look up trauma bonding hun

It takes time to heal and move forward

It’s not easy hun

But it’s for the best no contact ruel x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content