Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Starmoon
      Participant

Hi, I haven’t posted in a while… I’m sorry and I hope it’s ok to post now.

I’ve been split from my child’s dad for a number of years… but the after effects just never seem to leave…

He has access to our child who isn’t a baby.. I’m trying not to be too identity. He tells our child that she dresses like a tramp- amongst other things, and he makes her wear the clothes he chooses.. at home I allow her to pick her own clothes. When she goes to his, he makes her change into the clothes he provides… and then she comes home in the clothes I sent her in.

(detail removed by Moderator) she came home in ‘his things’.. she doesn’t even look like her. I asked her where her things were and she said he’d got them.

Since he’s constantly criticising her and me for the clothes I provide.. and has often told us both that he will throw them away- I wanted to know where they are.

I asked him to return them… and he replied with sarcastic remarks, if she didn’t have anything else to wear then he would, but otherwise we could wait..

The clothes I buy aren’t cheap… I try my best.. nothing will ever be enough.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi, that’s so sad for your daughter as he is bullying and controlling her.. these men do not stop their abuse… how is she when she comes back from seeing him? Has she got support from school, GP?
      So hard for you as her mother…

My opinion is email the police for them to go collect her clothing as it is theft and distressing for your daughter to be treated as an object who he decides for and ridicules her clothing she wants to wear.

Keep posting x

Starmoon
        Participant

Thank you so much for your response. I don’t think I could contact the police unfortunately… he added that they were ‘being washed’ as they were dirty… but this is another dig.. they were clean on when she arrived at his, he made her change as soon as she arrived… so there’s no reason for them to need washing…
        She’s not there that regularly so it will be a wait until she’s with him again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content