Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      StrongLife
      Participant

I’m watching a lot of movies.

Mostly newer ones but some older ones.

Some online some at theatres when they are good.

Good ones recently- Barbie, Sweet tooth.

AloneWolf
      Participant

Me too! Me and my daughter weren’t allowed to watch anything we wanted to when we were still with him. Now we have left, we can watch whatever we want. We love watching films and it’s so nice to be able to again xx

Broadbodiedchaser
      Participant

That’s interesting. I used films as a coping mechanism when I lived with my husband. I got through a lot of Jane Austen (I’m that age!!) and looking back I realise it was escapism and romance… a stubborn belief that things could be different somehow. I haven’t watched Jane Austen since I left him. It makes me sad to think of all the women (and men) who watch JA to get romance back in their lives… missing that feeling of connection.

tiredofitall
      Participant

I found comfort in watching films I’d seen before. He used to ridicule me for it but I think I liked the security of knowing how it ended. It made me feel safe when the rest of my life was so unbearable. And I loved a rom com and period drama. A happy ending! He always said they gave me a false sense of what relationships were like. I just loved the escapism!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content