Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

.. to be bitter and angry if we feel like this. There is no law against it.

Nobody can force us to smile if we do not feel like smiling.

If they want us to smile they need to change circumstances in such a way that there are reasons for smiling.
      I never smile without a reason, as well as I am never angry without a reason.

I like this post! So true! I often think that way, but I do try to smile as much as I can, I try to bring a smile so this world is a happier one. I smile to keep myself safe and sane, to keep hoping I can stay strong despite him…
      I smile because the wrong people can’t bring the wrong person in me, I won’t allow that. My own counsellor always remarks on my constant smile even when I tell her my latest stories. She cannot believe how I react. My smile is my strength.
      I am allowed to be angry too, we all are. But personally I hate feeling that way.
      I think in anger and happiness, Serenity needs to prevail. We can’t change how people affect us, but we can change the way we react to them. So when I feel angry, I try not to stay that way for too long, even though I often fail!
      The main thing is we must keep trying! We are allowed to be angry, we are allowed to smile, but we must hope! Never lose hope. x BJ

Serenity
      Participant

My abuser didn’t allow me to feel annoyed or angry at any of his abuse.

How dare people try to tell others what to feel.

You are entitled to feel whatever you wish.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content